I want to welcome you to the world of PROTEIN
This macro nutrient has been the main focus of what is needed to build a nice lean physique...... and for good reason!
If your on the progressive journey of improving:
You need to understand why this macro nutrient is important towards your result and progress.
What Is a Protein?
Protein is an essential macro nutrient needed for survival. Protein is made up of nitrogen atoms that create 20 different type of amino acids that have particular roles and functions.
Out of the 20 different amino acids:
- 9 are essential: meaning we need them from food as we do not produce them.
- 11 are non-essential: Meaning we produce them without the aid of nutrition.
- A few can be conditionally essential: Meaning in some special cases non-essential amino acids will be needed from nutrition. Example: Usually the non-essential amino acid L-Glutamine may be depleted with surgery, recovery or excess stress situations. In doing so it will become an essential amino acid.
Why is Protein important?
Protein is absolutely important for survival and when we talk about body composition protein plays a huge role in the way you look and feel.
1. Aids in phase 2 detoxification pathways.
2. Neurotransmitter optimisation.
3. Creation of enzymes.
4. Vital for health, for example it helps the creation of antibodies.
5. Tissue creation (muscle, liver, kidneys, etc).
6. Hormone creation.
7. Helps satiety.
Simple Protein Guidelines
1. Daily Consumption 1.8 - 2.2g of protein per body weight in KG per day is enough suffice the nitrogen balance.
2. Eat protein rich foods at least every 3-5 hours per day to aid in protein synthesis (building of tissue).
3. Having protein evenly spread through-out the day will also keep you satisfied and control cravings.
4. Making sure to hit your protein target will also aid in detoxification capabilities.
5. Protein around training will also aid in the restoration of broken-down tissue.
6. By aiding in protein synthesis, decreasing inflammation and up-regulation of enzyme/hormone activity you will improve your fat loss capabilities.
All our head turning body transformations have had much focus around the timing and intake of daily protein. The value of this macro nutrient will help you perform to the best of your capabilities from a recovery and output perspective. Make sure to set your daily intake of protein. Track measurements such as digestion, muscle soreness, strength makers, visual progress, skin folds and dexa scans.
If you have any questions in regards to this blog or your own health and fitness please feel free to reach out to my team or myself. `
For any personal training interest please click the link below to leave your details and my management team will be in contact to run through our offered transformation packages.
Yours in health,
Owner & Founder of Mind Performance Health
How you can achieve your own body transformation that makes jaws drop! Tools we use at our Rouse Hill Personal Training Studio
At Mind Performance Health we love nothing more than aiming to get head turning transformations in record amount of time. Learn how to maximise your progress.